A nurse practitioner with more than 30 years of nursing experience, Jane Vaughan joined Columbia Surgical Associates in 2013. She is a registered nurse practitioner with advanced education and clinical training and provides a wide range of preventative and acute health care services such as the following:
- Takes health histories and provides complete physical examinations.
- Diagnoses and treats many common acute and chronic problems.
- Interprets laboratory results and X-rays.
- Prescribes and manages medications and other therapies.
- Provides health teaching and supportive counseling with an emphasis on prevention of illness and health maintenance.
- Refers patients to other health professionals as needed within the physician-nurse practitioner relationship.
- Prior to joining the practice, Vaughan practiced in urgent care with the BJC Medical Group in Columbia.
- Received her Masters of Science in Nursing from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1998
- Is a nationally certified as a family nurse practitioner
- Before becoming a nurse practitioner, she had been a registered nurse since 1983
- Worked as a broad acute care nursing background, caring for patients in family practice, cardiology, urgent care and emergency room settings
- Currently works with the vascular surgeons at Columbia Surgical Associates