Dr. Paul Humphrey joined Columbia Surgical Associates in 1993, and has since established himself and his partners as leaders in endovascular surgical techniques.
- Earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas in 1986
- Completed his surgical internship at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Began his surgical residency at the University of Illinois and completed it at the University of Missouri in 1991, where he fulfilled his training with a vascular surgery fellowship in 1993
- Board-certified in vascular surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Led the effort to bring endovascular surgical techniques to mid-Missouri
- In 1999, he performed the first repair of an abdominal aortic aneurysm in Mid-Missouri using an FDA-approved stent. Since then, the endovascular program at Boone Hospital Center has grown to become one of the leading sites for this type of surgery in the Midwest.
- A large part of his practice involves minimally invasive endovascular procedures to treat peripheral arterial disease. Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT) for varicose veins is performed by Dr. Humphrey as an office-based procedure. Dr. Humphrey and his partners are recognized experts in this continuously evolving field of minimally invasive arterial and venous procedures.
- Named one of Columbia’s “Top Docs” by Inside Columbia magazine
- Named in Money magazine’s Best of Healthcare edition as one of the top physicians in the country for patients requiring procedures for carotid artery disease and peripheral arterial disease