In July 2011, Dr. Kimberly Suppes joined Columbia Surgical Associates and brought to the practice nearly 20 years of experience and a special interest in the care and treatment of breast diseases and breast cancer.
- Obtained her Doctorate of Medicine from The Johns Hopkins University of Medicine in Baltimore, Md.
- Received her undergraduate in biochemistry from Virginia Tech
- Obtained her residency training in general surgery at the University of Texas-Houston and M.D. Anderson Cancer Centers, where she was trained in general, trauma, vascular, laparoscopic and surgical oncology
- Board-certified in general surgery
- Before coming to Columbia Surgical, she practiced general surgery and trauma surgery in Overland Park, Kan., for nine years.
- Moved to Columbia, Mo., in 2001 and has practiced general surgery at Columbia Regional Hospital for eight years, followed by one year of solo practice at Boone Hospital Center
- Dr. Suppes is the cancer liaison physician for Boone Hospital Center’s Committee on Cancer.
- Served in leadership positions in quality assurance and on the Institution Review Board for the University of Missouri, as well as the chief of surgery at Cooper County Memorial in Boonville, Mo.
Knowing more about your physician leads to better communication around your healthcare! At Columbia Surgical Associates we want you to have a familiar face behind the stethoscope, to learn more about Dr. Suppes, click here.