- Earned his medical degree at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, a six year combined BA/MD program, in 1993
- Completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Affiliated Hospitals in 1998
- Completed a fellowship in vascular surgery at the University of Tennessee-Memphis in 1999
- Native of Northwest Missouri
- Has practiced in Kansas, Wyoming, and Missouri
- Joined Columbia Surgical Associates in the Spring of 2010
- Board-certified in vascular surgery and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Dr. Gard's area of interests includes the treatment of aortic aneurysms, carotid disease, endovascular interventions and angiography, limb salvage, mesenteric ischemia and renovascular hypertension.